zaterdag 19 november 2011

Making your own Calendula Oil

One of the things I enjoy doing is making my own cosmetics.
With winter coming up I thought it would be nice to make some Calendula oil,
which is great for dry skin and lips.


Click to see more on my experiment













 For the Oil I used dried flowers, olive oil and a big glass jar. I placed it on top of the heater in my room, so it stays warm but not too warm. It's a spot with a lot of light but not a lot direct sunlight unfortunately. Left it there for 4 weeks. After that I filtered it with a sieve, to get out the flowers. Then I filtered it again using a coffee filter. After that it's ready for usage :)
This smells goooood :)









I don't claim to be an expert, this is just how I've done it using books and Internet for reference. You can use this method for all kinds of oils.

Till next time,

Love!

2 opmerkingen:

  1. Een super leuk idee! ^^
    Denk je dat op de verwarming nu in de winter ook kan?

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  2. Als je verwarming niet te warm is, is het juist heel goed om hem daar te zetten.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen