maandag 18 juni 2012

DIY: Aztec print shirt

I really love Aztec print, so I decided to make my own Aztec print tee. 
First of all, what is Aztec print? Some examples here to the right.

Click below to view the shirt and the tutorial.








First of all what do we need:

Any color, shape or size t-shirt will do. Pick something you like!
Sponges
pencils
Fabric paint

Cut the sponges into triangles (or any other geometrical shape) of different sizes. I used very cheap household sponges and used the hard side of sponge to put my paint on because it had a smoother shape
.
This is the fabric paint I used, if you're interested in the exact colors just comment and I'll tell you.


Put some paint on your sponge and stamp it on your tee to create the pattern you desire. You can use brushes to put the paint on your sponge, and to do some touch ups if you like. Yes, it's really that easy! Be creative and come up with your own pattern, or look for examples on-line.  Let the paint dry,  iron your shirt and you're ready to go! Enjoy :)







Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten