vrijdag 8 juni 2012

What's in there anyway?

Have you ever wondered what's in your favorite store bought beauty products?
The front of packaging might say all these wonderful things about being green, but usually that's just a lot of empty promises. Or you might find "regular" products that turn out to be quite green! Knowing what's in my bottle without having to go through all these difficult names on the label was one of the reasons for me to start making my own products. But sometimes there are things you can't make yourself, or don't want to make.

Even if you're able to find a list of ingredients, they have all these weird names and you probably have no idea what they all mean, and neither do I. But don't worry, help is on it's way!

with Skin Deep's cosmetic database you can check both products and single ingredients for it's safety. I went through every single product I own to check for it's safety (and since most of the products weren't listed I had to go through every single ingredient.) It might take a while but I felt a lot more relaxed afterwards.
Nowadays most manufactures have their product's ingredient list on line so you can check before buying/testing, so you won't end up being disappointed.

Skin Deep Cosmetic Database
More on EWG and Skin Deep Cosmetic Database

Hopefully this will help you make a conscious decision on buying cosmetic products :)

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten